Wednesday, July 8, 2015

1 year update

My 1 year surgery follow up appointment was postponed from June 15 till today, not by my choice. The medical Dr that worked with my surgery group...doing follow ups and pre op teaching is no longer with them. I'm beyond disappointed about that, but what can you do...today i waited in the exam room for over an hour, till one of the surgeons got there...so I'm not in a good mood about all of that. But the good news is my official weight loss for the year is 93 lbs, and they are happy with my progress and the fact that I'm working out regularly, I need to be better with my protein....been slacking a little and my vitamin  D.  So those two items are now on my radar!

Now for the fun stuff. right after school was out, I went to Orlando with a work friend, we went for an EdCamp, then stayed a few extra days for Disney.


I had a great time, it was the first time I'd done a vacation with another woman....even though the first day was job related.  The weird thing was, even though I felt like I ate a lot and I drank a lot I still lost weight. The great thing was, I had so much more energy to enjoy everything.
My second trip was to take Joey to North Carolina. to spend the summer with his Dad and that part of his family. I loved seeing Kaylee...my one and only grand-daughter in a sea of grandsons, but I also lost weight on this trip and marked another item off the bucket list.



Flying is the wind tunnel was probably the most fun I've ever had.....the real thing might have been better, but my weight and health two years ago when I did that was not the best.  The next picture is at a lake...I did not get pictures of all the fun stuff we did there...they had one of the blob things and a Tarzan rope thing....again....back at 229 lbs, that would have not been any fun at all. I had a total blast....and lost another lb on that trip. Last picture is me and Kaylee, only grand-daughter....love all my grandsons....but OMG this girl is so much fun to shop for.
Next appointment is in 6 months, Jan....I am going to be a better blogger between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment