Sunday, January 25, 2015

What is my Goal?


I got this email from Fitbit this week, I had my goal weight as 150 there. That was my original goal, but I know I want to lose more...just not really sure what that number should be.  Dr. said I could get to 130, but I think that is too low...I think I'm going to re-set this goal 140 but I'm not really sure that is right. % body fat might be a better number to track.  When I started this adventure I was like 54% fat; currently I'm 35.5%; I will talk to my trainer about what a good number is to shoot for...seems like 28% but I don't really know where I got that number.
Here is another app that made me happy this week, it says my BMI is

normal...now both my Dr. and Trainer says BMI is a stupid number to track because it only takes into account height and weight and there are so many other factors that determine a healthy place. Notice I have my goal at 130 here...might increase that to 140 too?
I got my 80 lbs lost bead yesterday, I told my husband that I wasn't sure I have another 10 lbs to lose so I was sad about the beads...he said he would still get me beads. So I'm thinking about writing down some fitness goals for beads. Maybe a bead for each 5k  run, a bead for 100 crunches (I'm already up to 80), a bead for 40 push ups (this one is going to need a diamond in it!)...still formulating this plan...so any ideas or input will be greatly appreciated.  If you are thinking of embarking on this journey...the Pandora bracelet has been a great motivator for me.  I recommend having something visual to keep you going.
This is the shadow I see when I'm walking or running outside
   on a sunny day...it shocks me to see my shadow. I know shadows are distorted depending on the time of day, but at my high weight I hated my shadow as much as I hated my image in the mirror. Now I'm enjoying both. 

2 comments: