Sunday, February 1, 2015

Last week was CRAZY!


The week started with a last minute trip (just for the day) to Austin. It was a school administrator's conference and we learned how to build courses in iTunes U.  The training was great, my my eating was not....way more carbs than I'm used to and even when I got home, it was like a carb switch was flipped and instead of making a good protein choice for dinner I made the choice to eat Chex Mix??? Then I had the dry heaves :-(  some people...apparently me...just have to learn the hard way.
So this one day trip should have been a great day to chalk up lots of steps on the FitBit, but I realized when I got to the airport at 5am that it had not charged the night before.  I had a bad charger and replaced it...but since I could not find the other charger, I'm guessing I accidentally threw away the good charger and kept the bad one.  I had been thinking about upgrading to the Charge HR anyway...the main thing that was holding me back was the ugly strap...but I went ahead and took the plunge.
So I'm just figuring out the data...it only counts the stairs going up...not going down...but going down counts as steps.  Then the heart rate thing...since I really just need to tighten up...I'm thinking that monitoring the heart rate for being in that fat burning zone will help.

Shorts came in for the color run, I think this is 
funny....I would not have dared to wear anything with words across my butt a year ago! And this week I ran (jogged) 20 minutes without stopping...week 5 of the C25K program.

Now for the biggest, craziest event of the week.  I was making a cheese dip for a work party using my immersion blender, I was cleaning around the blade with my left index finger and holding it in my right hand...I accidentally hit the on button and hacked up my finger pretty good or bad dependly on how you look at it.  As a former medic I found it pretty interesting...but some of my teacher friends were grossed out.
before stitches 

dressed all pretty



11 stitches later





No comments:

Post a Comment