Sunday, February 22, 2015

Dumping Syndrome and other side effects

 Friday night my husband and I went out to eat, I was hungry for enchiladas...and I'm happy to report that is something I can eat without issues....1 to 1 and 1/2 then I'm full.  Well, there was a sign saying Feb 22 was national margarita day, so I thought I'd celebrate a few days early since I'm in a Mexican restaurant anyway, so I order a skinny margarita.  I can also do one of those without issue, margarita came, I drank it and by the time my dinner came I'm full blown dumping.  Either the server forgot to say skinny, or the bartender didn't know skinny means without sugar. Our food order was wrong too, but I felt too bad to eat...sweating profusely, according to my fitbit my pulse was in the 120's (normal resting is in the 60's), dizzy, held it together until we got home and puked...it was not good. I never complain at restaurants because I worked as a waitress many times in my younger years...but after this incident I decided I need to stand up for myself a little better.  It's one thing to be a picky negative customer who complains about everything...and complaining because someone's mistake caused real physiological problems.  

Now lets talk poop; another problem that I don't remember being warned about is the changes in your poop. Not that poop or gas ever smells good, but now it is especially foul smelling.  I found this product:
 and it seems to work pretty good, I like chewables.  I've heard they sell it at Walmart but I ordered mine online, directly from them. Some people that I've talked to about this problem say it is because of the high protein in our diet but I'm thinking the different chemistry and how our food in general is broken down is partly to blame.  Needless to say I was really happy to find this pills.

I have my 8 month follow up tomorrow, 85 lbs lost...I'm happy with how it is going and I'm pretty sure my Dr. will be too.


No comments:

Post a Comment