Saturday, May 24, 2014

Goals



I've been thinking about goals this week, I didn't really have a number in mind for weight, but to be in the "healthy" range for BMI will be good.  Of course mini milestones like getting out of the 200's and into "onederland" will be cause for celebration.  Going from obese to overweight in the BMI category will be great too....but the ultimate goal is health, so I think in the healthy zone for BMI is a good goal.  I'm thinking of getting an Aria....scale that records your weight wifi...

I need to also have some fitness goals, so 10,000 steps a day (not sure if every day or 5 days a week) will be a good goal.  I understand I will need to start getting some strength training at some point post op...but I'm not really sure when.  Right now I'm exhausted when I just get 3,000 steps...so 10,000 steps consistently will be huge.  I got a new fitbit (my old one would not charge), if you don't have one of these it is a great way to track your steps...it's fun and extremely motivating.  I also have an Eliptical, right now it's a struggle to go 5 minutes without feeling like I'm going to puke....so working up to 20 minutes, then 30 minutes....then doing some of the full courses will definitely help me get more healthy and fit... I'm just not sure if doing the arm movements will help with strength....or if I will need to look into something with weights or resistance.  I would love to be able to get a personal trainer once I'm ready....that might be a good reward.

I'm not sure I will be able to get off all my prescription meds, but that is my goal.  My high Cholesterol may be a gift from my dad.....but if I can get it controled with diet and exercise....and get off B/P meds and not go on Diabetes type 2 meds.....then that is really the #1 reason for surgery.....looking and feeling better are just great by-products.

No comments:

Post a Comment