Saturday, May 3, 2014

I have a date!

      Insurance approved the procedure and I had a long part 2 consultation on Thursday.  My surgery date is June 17, I start my pre-op liquid diet on June 10.  Last (contract) day of work is June 13....I hope no one notices I'm on a liquid diet...most of my team has such negative views of WLS; that I'm just not quite ready to share outside of my family.
     I got a bunch of paperwork and our out of pocket expense to the Dr. will be $810...I don't think that is too bad.  Not sure what the anesthesia and hospital cost will be.
   Although the classes took a lot longer than expected; they were informative, interesting and even a little funny.  There is a medical Dr. with this group that does the follow-up care....he asked everyone if they were on their "eat around the world tour".....there was silence for a for seconds...then guilty chuckles all around the room.  I know I've been enjoying everything I think I'm not going to be able to eat again....or at least enjoy for a long time...enjoying to the point that I'm miserable....even my biggest clothes are getting even tighter. We learned a ton of good information about the nutrition and protein post-op....I'm glad because I was a little bewildered reading labels.  We got some great resources, so I'm feeling more prepared for that big change in my life.  There will be 4 weeks of soft and pureed food (after one week clear liquid and 1 week full liquid) ...we heard a few horror stories of what can happened if you try to eat solids to soon....made a believer out of me.
     I have a plan for my closet, I'm going to organize from my biggest to smallest...so at first I'll be "shopping my closet". I have clothes all the way down to size 10....so it will be awhile before I need to shop.  I also have a plan for getting this protein down,  I have a journal to track my grams of protein....I need 100-120 grams a day since I'm having the by-pass....and if I've learned nothing else it is that the protein is critical.

No comments:

Post a Comment