Sunday, June 1, 2014

In the month of June my life will change

I can't believe this is the month for my surgery, the 17th day to be exact!  I've been doing research, preparing the best I can, I've let everyone know (I think).  I start my liquid diet June 10...that will be good because I've just been eating myself into complete misery.  My clothes are tight and look and feel terrible..but no since getting new ones.

So here is my new toy:
 It's the Aria scale (WiFi) by FitBit.  Before I was approved for the surgery there was no way in H-E double L that I would have wanted that number traveling through the WiFi.  The scale is still in the entryway and that is the reflection of the entryway light....but I'm getting in the habit of weighing regularly and the number goes directly to my FitBit dash board.  I need to move it to the bathroom....but I want my husband to be added as a user...right now he is resisting a bit.

I don't remember if I posted about this, but I also replaced my FitBit....I've been wearing it, but not really making an extra effort for more steps....just want to know what my average steps per week are now.  I want to be at that number by 1 week post op, then increase by maybe 1000 steps a day/week to get to the short term goal of 10,000 steps a day on most days.  In the past time and energy have kept me from my goals....not sure about time but I know energy will be much better.....I'm thinking time will be better too...hopefully I won't be spending time laying around being lazy because I have no energy that catch 22 that has plagued me for years.

I've been looking for cookbooks for Weight Loss Surgery....most specifically liquids and pureed/soft stages...I got three....but this is the one that will get me through those first stages.
  so I'm feeling ready now.
The chef has gone through weight loss surgery himself....and he really explains the difference between pureed, smooth, soft....the stage that last a month and I was not looking forward to at all.  I can't say I'm really looking forward to it now....but I feel like I'm more prepared.  According to the pre op meeting I went to...eating solid food before you are ready can really jack you up.
The count down begins...T minus 16 days

No comments:

Post a Comment